The policy describes how CPP collects and uses the information you provide on the Platform. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your information and how you can access and update this information.
Capital Plus Partners is committed to protecting the personal information you share with us. This statement describes how we collect and use your personal information that we may collect about you throughout all communications with you.
DATA PROTECTION LAW
CPP is conscious of its legal responsibilities as a “data controller” and supports the principles of data protection reflected in the 1995 EU Directive on Data Protection and the UK Data Protection Act 1998. CPP shall endeavor to ensure that all personal information provided or in connection with the Platform will be held, used, transferred and processed in accordance with its legal obligations.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you provided at the time of requesting goods, services or information from us:
- Information that you provide to us when you write to us (including by email).
- Information that you provide to us when we speak to you by telephone.
- Information that you provide to us by completing any surveys.
- Information that you provide to us by filling in forms on our Platform.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Platform and of the fulfillment of your orders.
This includes contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, financial information such as bank or brokerage account numbers, unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password, and preferences information such as favorites lists, transaction history and marketing preferences. If you choose to list your company with us, we may ask for information about your business such as company name, company size, business type and personal information such as a professional profile.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyse trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content on our Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes in our service offer.
We may also use your data, and/or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we and/or they may contact you about such goods and services. If you are an existing customer/member, we will only contact you by electronic means (fax, email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale provided to you. We and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will not otherwise contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you, unless you have consented to this. If you are a new customer/member, we and/or any third party that we permit to use your data will only contact you by electronic means to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in one or more of the ways mentioned above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please alter your profile settings here: Profile settings OR unsubscribe directly from emails OR please contact us directly on the following email: email@example.com. If you contact us by email we will endeavor to process your request as soon as possible.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
In addition to the above, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Capital Plus Partners or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users on a no-names basis. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisements to that target audience.
Access to information
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove or request it be deleted by making the changes in your member account settings page or by emailing our Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact us by email or postal mail at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request within 30 (thirty) days. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements, which in some cases involving the collection and processing of financial data may require a retention period of 7 (seven) years.
If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter(s) to you. Similarly, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time.
Cookies and tracking technologies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user's browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Websites according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our Websites.
How we store, process and secure your personal data
- All information you provide to us via email or our Platform is stored on our secure servers.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as bank account information) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Platform, you can contact us at email@example.com
Additional privacy information
Links to third party sites
Our Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our suppliers, partner networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites should have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or the content or operation of these websites. Please check these policies and the terms of the websites before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Social media widgets
Choice of law
You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that if you want to bring a legal action against us, or we want to bring a legal action against you, it must be done in one of these courts.
- Capital Plus Partners Limited
- The London Office, First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street
- London W1W 7LT, United Kingdom